Martes, Pebrero 26, 2013

Davao Medical Center


Davao Medical Center is one of those many places in Davao City that I am familiar with and very sentimental about it. And I cannot think of Davao without associating DMC with the city. This (of all places!) is where I actually conveyed my love and proposed to my wife, Grace, immediately after she was pronounced out of danger and on her way to complete recovery by the attending doctors after fighting for her life following a massive loss of blood in May 1999. DMC is also where my lovely daughter, Jamie, now 11 years old, was born a year later in July 2000 for a sum of 1,500 pesos or so only! Have I kept a personal diary, DMC would have contained and occupied a great number of pages.

Davao Medical Center, now called the Southern Philippines Medical Center is the biggest government, tertiary hospital not only in Davao City but in the entire Region XI, or perhaps in the whole of Mindanao. DMC may be a provincial hospital but its medical technology, facilities, and services are at par with the country's bests and more expensive hospitals the likes of Makati Medical Center, St. Lukes, or Medical City. In fact, medical cases where other private hospitals in Davao City cannot handle, patients are brought to DMC for treatment.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento