Martes, Pebrero 26, 2013

Mergrande Ocean Resort


Mergrande is a combination of French and Spanish words, "mer" which means "sea" in French, and "grande" for "big" in Spanish.It has been over a decade since I was here last in 1999 with a client-turned-friend, Allan Gabucan of Davao City, who brought me to the Resort along with a couple of young waitresses whom we met at the now defunct Camarine Grille in Victoria Plaza Mall, downtown Davao City which Allan and I used to frequent practically almost every night back then usually at a little before closing office hours to the wee hours of the morning. The occasion was actually not the first time I came to Villa Victoria as it was called then. It was I recall Raymund, a visiting regional manager of a multi-national pharmaceutical company based in Manila, whom I met at D' Counter Executive Hotel & Dormitory also in downtown Davao where he was staying, who first introduced the Resort. The third and definitely wont be the last time I have visited the Resort was with my wife and some friends. 

Of course, the Resort looks totally different now than it was a decade ago. Much improvement and renovation over time was obviously meticulously undertaken by the Resort to give it, I should say, a more modern look in touch with the times. It goes without saying that I will surely recommend Mergrande to my visiting friends and relatives from Manila when they are in town.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento